Preparation for a Power Outage
Following a disaster, there may be power outages that could last for several days. Stock canned foods, dry mixes and other forms of nutrition that don't require any refrigeration, cooking, water or special preparation. Be sure to include a manual can opener along with eating utensils. Below you will find items needed for emergency supplies during a power outage or storm disaster.
- Store at least a three-day supply of non-pershable food.
- Choose foods your family will eat.
- Remember any special dietary or medical needs.
- Choose salt-free crackers, whole grain cereals and canned foods with high liquid content.
- Ready to eat foods such as canned meat, vegetables, fruits.
- Protein or fruit bars.
- Dry cereal
- Peanut butter
- Dried Fruit