Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning
Having your air ducts cleaned is not something that most people give much thought to, until they are piled with dust. Below you will find the benefits to having them cleaned.
1. Improve indoor air quality: In a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually through everyday living.
2. Energy savings: according to the U.S. Department of Energy, "25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted". When your air ducts are piled with 40 pounds of dust, your AC system has to work harder to keep your home cool. With clean air ducts you could be saving 25 to 40 percent on your power bill.
3. Increased life of your HVAC unit: cleaning your air ducts will reduce the stress on your system. Instead of it having to work harder to keep your home cool, it will increase efficiency, thereby increasing the life of the system.
Finally, with all the above referenced benefits, now is the time to have your air ducts cleaned. Saving money, and increasing the indoor air quality in your home are great reasons to have it done.
Duct cleaning in your home or business? Contact the professionals here at SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County today to schedule an appointment. 502.241.6861
SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County also proudly serves Spencer, Henry and Trimble Counties.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, call us today, (502) 241-6861.