If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (502) 241-6861

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Help! I have Mold In My House! What Next?

12/14/2017 (Permalink)

Help! I Have Mold In My House! What Next? After sustaining water damage, homes frequently suffer from mold damage, as well. Mold can begin to grow on damp surfaces within 24 hours of getting saturated with moisture, so mold damage repair is an important job to tackle soon after a flooding incident.

Mold growth in a home can present adverse health effects from inhaling mold spores. Mold growth can eat away at the home’s structure and cause weakness in the materials it is growing on.

Mold damage can also occur in moist, warm environments where there isn’t air circulation, so even if your home hasn’t had any flooding, you could have mold growth. It’s important to monitor areas in your home that are high risk.

When you do notice you have mold damage, you can call us at SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County for complete mold damage repair and restoration. 502.241.6861 

Our technicians are highly trained at dealing with mold removal and will be able to clean the area thoroughly. We recommend shutting of any air circulation while we work to prevent mold spores from traveling throughout the home. Along with that, our crews will set up containment to assist with this process.  When the mold has been removed, we will thoroughly disinfect the area to prevent further mold growth.

To prevent mold damage in the future, we recommend reducing the moisture content in your home. Most air conditioning units are efficient at removing moisture from the air and keeping the moisture content low enough to discourage mold growth. However, it is important to be sure that the air circulation reaches all area of the home.

If you have mold damage, you can feel confident that our team at SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby county can get rid of it and restore your home to its original state. Call us today to learn more about our mold damage repair services.

SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County also proudly serves Spencer, Trimble and Henry Counties. 

Other News

View Recent Posts