Moisture and mold go hand in hand. To clear mold from a structure, the moisture problem at the source must be addressed.
Timing is crucial to the drying of a structure to prevent the growth of destructive mold and mildew.
Some species of mold and mildew can cause serious complications, and therefore it is important to have a specialist perform proper removal of contaminated areas.
In today’s litigious environment it is important to call a professional firm to handle mold related issues.
Our team at SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and are trained in the use of the latest technology to properly eliminate harmful microbiological contamination.
Mold spores are microscopic – and they exist in almost all places! That includes indoors and outdoors – and makes it very difficult to remove completely. If you think you have a mold problem, understanding the facts about mold will make the process of removal easier.
- Mold is present indoors and outdoors
- Mold often produces a musty odor – giving you clues to the source of the affected areas
- Mold spores are microscopic and travel in the air
- Mold can enter your home through windows, doors, heating and cooling systems or even through your pets or clothing
- Mold spores thrive in moist areas and can quickly spread and grow when exposed to water
- Before mold remediation can begin, the problem sources of water should be addressed or the mold may comeback
- Humidity that is higher than 65% facilitates mold growth.
Mold in your home or business? Leave it to the professionals here at SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County. Call today to speak to a Remediation specialist. 502.241.6861